This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for bookshawaii.net and legacyislepublishing.net. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by these two websites. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
What information do we collect?
- Place an order for our products on our online store (ex: name, address, email address, phone number)
- Request to join our newsletters (ex: email);
Account related information is collected in association with your use of our Services, such as order number, purchases, and information requests.
Cookies and similar technologies on our website allow us to track browsing behavior, links clicked, items purchased, device types, and to collect analytic data, about how customers use and interact with our website. This allows us to provide our customers with more relevant product offerings, a better experience on our site, and analyze and performance of our website.
How we utilize information.
Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing the Services we provide to you. We collect various information relating to your purchase, use and/or interactions with our Services. We utilize this information to:
- Improve and optimize the operation and performance of our Services (including our website and in-person interactions)
- Diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems
- Collecting aggregate statistics about the use of our website
Sharing with trusted third parties. We may share your personal data with affiliated companies within our corporate family, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third-party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Shipping of Products
- Screen for risk, fraud, or other similar types of issues
- Communicating with you, such as by way email or survey delivery
Communicating with you. We may contact you directly regarding products or services you have signed up or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service-related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You don't need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- Telephone calls
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
Website analytics. We use web analytics tools provided by service partners such as Google Analytics to collect information about how our customers interact with our website, including what pages are visited, what websites referred customers to our website, how much time is spent on each page, what operating system and web browser is used and network and IP information. We use the information provided by these tools to improve our Services. These tools place persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website. Each cookie cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider (Google Analytics). The information collected from the cookie may be transmitted to and stored by these service partners on servers in a country other than the country in which you reside. Though information collected does not include personal data such as name, address, billing information, etc., the information collected is used and shared by Google in accordance with their individual privacy policies. You can control the technologies we use by utilizing settings in your browser or third-party tools, such as Disconnect, Ghostery, and others. In addition, you can choose to opt out of Google Analytics by installing this plugin in your browser.
How you can access, update or delete your data.
If you would like to view, update, delete, opt out of any future contacts, or port your personal data (where available), or to update your account preferences, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 587-7766:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
If you have signed up to our newsletter list(s), you may opt out or change your contact permissions and information by visiting our newsletter management page. (Enter the email you used to subscribe and follow the on-screen instructions.)
How we secure, store and retain your data.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
We also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
‘Do Not Track’ notifications.
Data Protection Authority.
Watermark Publishing, 1000 Bishop St. #806, Honolulu, HI 96813
Attn: Office of the Data Protection Officer
1000 Bishop St. #806
Honolulu, HI 96813
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.