Returns, Refunds & Exchanges
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason, Watermark Publishing will accept the return of undamaged merchandise for a full refund, less any original shipping charges. Customers must ensure that the merchandise is packed for return in such a manner as not to incur damage during the shipping process.
If the item you have received is damaged in transit or defective, please photograph the item and any damage to the packing materials before discarding them, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will gladly offer you an exchange or refund. We do require that you return the defective item to us (we will provide a postage-paid label) in order to receive your credit/exchange.
Returns transactions must be initiated within 15 days of receiving your order.
We do not accept returns of any autographed books personalized to individuals, unless the book is defective.
We require a receipt or sufficient transaction identification information (name, shipping address, date of purchase) to match you up in our online sales records in order to issue a refund or exchange.
NO RETURNS, EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS will be issued for books purchased from our Used Books department. All sales of items marked in our store as "used" are final, except as detailed in our complete used book sales policy.
Used Books Return Policy
All books sold in the used book shop are as-is condition; by purchasing a hurt copy you accept that we will send you a book with the type of damage described in the product summary. It may be in better or in slightly worse condition than you anticipated. We have done our best to provide photographs and describe the general type of damage the copy you receive may have sustained, but we cannot catalog each copy, nor can we provide you with a written description of a specific copy’s condition. We will accept returns only under the following conditions:
- Damage to the book does not match the store description (e.g. If you receive a copy with unbound pages, but the description only indicated minor scuffing)
- Pages completely missing (or you may opt to receive PDFs or photocopies of the original pages at no additional charge)
- Mold or other decay damage (we will not knowingly send out a moldy book; we give the books a quick inspection, but on occasion stores have returned books that have sustained water damage not immediately apparent)
- All returns claims must be transacted within 14 days of purchase
- All returns must be pre-authorized; contact us at sales@ with your order number and reason for return prior to shipping back any books
- No refunds on shipping charges
- If any of these policies make you uncomfortable, particularly the idea of receiving a slightly-damaged book sight-unseen that you can’t return, please do not purchase through our used book shop. Sign up for our newsletter (you’ll receive an instant coupon via email for 30% off) and purchase a new copy instead.
We do not purchase used books for our shop. We have enough of our own, thanks!
Hali‘a Aloha Program Refund Policy
Hali‘a Aloha participants should view the program as a writing course where published copies of their book are the equivalent of passing a final exam. As with any other similar program, a participant’s failure to complete the course does not have a bearing on their enrollment fee.
Clients may cancel the purchase of a package and receive a refund in full if cancellation is made at least one month (30 days) prior to the cohort start date, and if the course welcome package has not been sent.
A 70% refund will be issued for cancellations made less than one (1) month and at least two (2) weeks prior to the cohort start date; if the client has received the welcome package materials, they must be returned at the customer’s own expense within five (5) business days.
Refunds will not be issued for requests made less than two (2) weeks prior to the start date; any materials received must be returned. No refunds will be issued for production service upgrades (e.g. additional photos, proof changes, page increases, etc.) or editorial consultations once they’ve occurred.
Clients who are unable to complete their book within the deadline will not be issued any refunds, but may opt to archive their project for up to a year, and reinstate the process for a fee.
Hali‘a Aloha Refund Policy apply. Refunds will be made to the gift purchaser. Gift enrollments must be redeemed within six (6) months of purchase; no refunds will be issued for codes which have not been redeemed.